Dear School Leader,
Is your school buzzing with excitement about the start of a new year? Are you in a new position? Do you have new teachers or aides or support staff?
As you prepare to open your doors and welcome students, remember that you need not go it alone. Lutheran Schools Association is there for you and your school!
Here are a few exciting events and services for the coming school year:
- A 30-Day Boost for Administrators is taking place October 5-6 at Koinonia in Highland Lake. This coaching intensive is designed to help set you up for success in your work with students, families, and staff throughout the rest of the year. Registration ends September 15, 2017.
- This year’s annual conference, “Imagining Possibilities,” is Friday, October 20 at Long Island Lutheran Middle & High School in Brookville. If you've never attended this popular event, consider coming and bringing your staff. There's something for everyone! Details and registration soon.
- Need a vendor for something at your school? Ask! Otherwise, we already have cost-saving reps on file for office equipment, website packages, and insurance - with more to be added.
- Be sure to attend Cluster Meetings. These are led by school leaders in seven locations throughout the greater NYC area, and are open to principals and directors. Clusters and their Coordinators: #1. Queens/Central Brooklyn/Bronx/Westchester Principals (vacant); #2. SW Brooklyn/Staten Island Directors and Principals (Kelly Speiser); #3. Queens/Brooklyn/Bronx/Manhattan PreK for All Directors (Carla Olmez); #4. Westchester/Rockland Directors (Michelle Tween); #5. Nassau Directors (Kathy Leich), #6. Suffolk/Long Island Directors and Principals (Denise Norman); and #7. NJ Cluster (Annette Valerio). Get to know your Cluster Coordinator. She will be a great resource for administrative questions!
- Tuesday Newsletters, Members-Only Portal (to be launched this year, I promise!), and more!
Now, about this year Membership Drive - it's on! All calculations for 2017-18 Membership Fees are to be done online. There are several applications. Please choose and complete the one that fits your type of school. Then print a copy of the completed form and submit it with your check made payable to Lutheran Schools Association to LSA, 171 White Plains Road, Bronxville, NY 10708 by October 13, 2017. To pay in two installments, you may pay 50% by October 13 and the balance by December 1, 2017. For additional plans, call me at 888.631.1149 x2 by October 1, 2017.
May God bless your ministry,
Director of Communications