“And Jesus took the children in His arms, put His hands on them, and blessed them." Mark 10:16
Dear School Leader,
How are you preparing for the beginning of the school year?
As the 2021-2022 school year fast approaches, we are scrambling to create an environment that is both safe and inviting, compliant with COVID-19 protocol as well as welcoming for the returning students and those new to our community. It can be overwhelming even as it is exciting to anticipate the faces and voices of our students “back in the building” again! It is a new beginning, full of possibility!
Those of us at Lutheran Schools Association are praying for you as you prepare for this school year. We thank you also for your prayers as we prepare for our year in service to you.
Through Laura Labenberg’s leadership, we were blessed to have seen a growth in membership schools over this past year. We thank you for your support and acknowledgement of our efforts on your behalf! As you consider membership in LSA this school year, remember this:
Over this past year,
- LSA has furthered our reach to our schools through remote meetings
- LSA has informed with clear and timely updates about COVID-19 restrictions.
- LSA has helped to distribute needed Title and CARES Act monies and other tangible items for NYC schools such as computers and PPE needs.
- LSA has provided professional workshops, programs and continuing education for all who would like to participate.
- LSA has advocated for Lutheran schools at board meetings on city, state and national levels.
All member schools will see more of the same in 2021-2022:
- The LSA Educators’ Conference is scheduled for October 22, with keynote speakers and 9 break-out rooms, covering designated preschool, K-12 and administrative topics
- Because the first one “sold out”, another CPR/AED & First Aid Class has been added for September 18.
- Our popular social event fundraisers have returned with a Mets/Phillies game on September 18 and the Golf Outing on September 27.
- 4 sessions of the Administration Leadership Circles have been set for the Fall.
- 5 workshops in partnership with Lutheran Counseling Center have also been planned for the Fall.
If you feel you have benefitted from the offerings from LSA in the past, and look forward to more of the same, now is the time to renew or establish your membership with LSA. There will be a stricter adherence to our membership status this year. You must join by October 15 to continue to receive LSA communications, including information about workshops, HR resources, and inclusive offers. Whenever we receive your membership application after that, you will be returned to our member communications list.
We have included the fee schedule here with this letter. You can also find it on our website, https://lsany.org/take-part/become-a-member/school-membership-drive/ny-schools.html Once the calculations are made, you can submit the completed form with a check, made payable to Lutheran Schools Association, to
LSA 1290 Chelsea Rd Wantagh, NY 11793
Membership fees are due by October 15. If you would like to pay in two installments, you may send 50% in October and the rest by December 15. For additional payment plans, please email Laura Labenberg at email@example.com with your request.
The LSA Board thanks you for your commitment to Lutheran education. We look forward to working with you this coming school year.
In His peace,
Ms. Kathy Witto
LSA Board President